Solar Power for Schools
Solar Power for education
Ecosphere Renewables would like people to start getting involved in modern power generation during their school education. Solar power systems also provide reliable earnings for schools providing much needed extra cash to spend on the school.
Schools can incorporate solar power into the learning process, using graphs to show how much your new solar panels have generated and how much Co2 emissions have been saved measured in tonnes. Other schools have incorporated the scheme into maths and the sciences.
It is a great way to educate children on the importance of respecting the planet and making a better future for themselves.
Solar power systems also provide reliable earnings for schools and their administrative bodies on a sustained basis.
We already work with a number of schools across Sussex and Surrey on improvement works.
Your contribution to climate protection
Fossil fuel reserves are coming to an end. The CO2 produced while generating power from such sources damages the climate. Environmental and resource conservation should be part of school learning to develop both theoretical and practical knowledge. Electricity from the sun is one of the core elements in future energy supply. Free energy from the most powerful source of energy is sufficient to cover global requirements 3,000 times over.
Why go solar?
- Your school can benefit from generous government feed in tariffs provided a guaranteed 25 year tax free index linked income.
- Your school will be protected against rising fuel prices.
- Renewable technologies and Solar Photovoltaics should be a core part of educating pupils about sustainability.
- Your school will be seen as a ‘green’ school. This will be great press for your school and exciting for pupils and teachers alike.
- From April 2011 your school will also be able to benefit from the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
Funding & Grants
Ecosphere can help you identify funding for solar systems for schools. The main source of funds is through the Low Carbon Building Programme Phase II http://www.lowcarbonbuildingsphase2.org.uk/.
How can Ecosphere Renewables Help?
At Ecosphere we can help manage the proposed project from conception through to completion and advise and help with the following;
- Design including the various photovoltaic options available to your school
- Costs and expected revenues from the PV system to help with funding.
- Installation of the solar PV system to your school with dedicated project manager. All our project managers and installers are CRB checked.
- We work with the schools to ensure a satisfied customer. We also provide after sales support and materials for teachers to educate the children, we are more than happy to work with the teachers on this.
To arrange a meeting with solar installer team please call 01825 880603 or fill in our no obligation quote form